Friday, June 22, 2012

HOMEMADE ICE CREAM

This is ice cream maker #
Okay, so I absolutely LOVE homemade ice cream. I think it is the one thing I like most about summer time. I mean come on who doesn't like homemade ice cream right? Our good friends the Hose's make it all the time and we have been lucky enough to be around to share in the deliciousness. Which made me want a machine of my own, the only problem is I have never made it before by myself. And, I had no idea what machine to get or what recipe to use.  So, I went out Wednesday to the trusty old Wal-mart and picked me up an ice cream maker and was so excited to get home to use it. Got home read the instructions, picked out the recipe and got started on it. Time came to actually use the machine, the expected time to was 20-40 minutes and it ended up taking 1:30 YIKES!! But after it sat for a few hours man was it oh so worth it.

AND this is the amazing second maker!
So here it is Friday and we wanted to make some more. We gathered up all the ingredients, got everything ready to go and the machine would not work. SERIOUS, it wouldn't work. We spent over an hour messing with the dumb thing and nothing. By this time I was so determined to make ice cream that I cleaned everything up put the mixture in the fridge and returned the dang machine to Wal-mart at 10 o'clock at night. Only to find out that it was they were sold out of every other kind besides a display model and the a bunch of the one I just returned. I had no idea if you could buy a display or not but I was gonna try, since there was no worker around to ask, I took that thing right down and went all the way up to customer service. And YES you can purchase a display, but we had to go all the back to the isle to get the cpu code so I could buy it. FINALLY back home machine cleaned up ready to go and (drum roll please) it works!!!!!! I just placed it in the freezer and CAN NOT (I just had to try it out you know to make sure it was safe to serve) wait for tomorrow so I can indulge in this well deserved treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment