Wednesday, February 27, 2013

New Beginnings

Since taking a break from my Masters program a year and a half ago, I have stayed at home babysitting and taking care of our foster placements. Well that is all about to change. In two weeks I will embark on a new journey at my Alma Mater Oakland City University as the Administrative Assistant in the Financial Aid department. For a while now I have been thinking of getting out in the work force. Now don't get me wrong, I love being at home and the freedom that I have. I love the kids that I babysit for, but this is not my calling. I have felt out of touch and isolated staying at home. Then there is this big issue known as HEALTH INSURANCE, something that is non-existent in the Depoister household at this time. Which has really hurt us these past few months as I have had some health issues. To prevent this from happening again a change was needed. 

 So when I saw a few positions open at OCU, I had to try. No matter what complications could come from me applying. I couldn't let the fear of change hold me back. It all happened so fast. After talking it over with HIM, asking for prayers from our friends and doing A LOT of praying on my part I left it all in God's hands.

My favorite Scripture that has spoken to me all through out my walk with Christ is Jeremiah 29:11-12. And it has severed again as a reminder of God's promises and faithfulness. It has helped calm my fears and given me the strength to face the unknown.

11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, 
“plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you 
hope and a future. 
12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.



I applied, got an interview, and prayed for God's will. And I got the JOB!!! I am so excited to begin but also a little nervous. Now HIM and HER really has to work together to make our household run smoothly. We have things set up pretty good but with kids you just never really know what is gonna happen. It will take some getting use to that is for sure, but I know we will do great. Plus I have started browsing Pinterest for some crock-pot meals that will help make getting dinner on the table that much easier. 
 
I am just so thankful that I get to work at a place that has given me so much. I have always said that I would love to work for OCU at some point and glad that I have been given this opportunity. Plus it doesn't hurt that HIM and HER will be working at the same place either. There will be some things that I I will miss like the freedom that staying at home has given me especially in the summer time. And the one on one time that I have been able to give to Little miss S, but I know that she will have a great person taking care of her. So here is to NEW BEGINNINGS! May you never let the fear of the unknown hold you back from the blessing that the future holds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment