Tuesday, July 17, 2012

M&M summit

Is it just me or is July one crazy busy month? It seems like I have been on the go more often than not. And here it is already half way through and I feel like just yesterday was the first of the month. I know they say time flies when you get older or when you're having fun but seriously the sands of time need to just slow down to a trickle instead of a flood.
I am currently relaxing in my hotel room in Springfield, Missouri. Yes I said RELAXING. HIM and HER along with our pastor and her husband are at our denominations annual meeting that we call the Mission and Ministry Summit. And every year we are always so busy going to training, visiting with old friends, being entertained and having a lot of information to chew on that we rarely get to actually relax. But this year the business meeting today went by so fast that we found ourselves with 2 1/2 hours to ourselves. Naturally I was like YES I get to go back to the room and read. And that's just what I did until I decided it would be the perfect time to blog!
So far this years summit has been very good. Our key note speaker last night and this morning was Ed Stetzer and man did he give us A LOT to think on. One of his main points was that we will not find the gift of evangelism anywhere in the Bible. Because evangelism is NOT a gift. As Christians we are all called to evangelism. Wow what a challenge! Because let's face it we are all selfish. We love to talk about evangelism a lot as long as someone else is actually doing the work. It was a challenge for me to evaluate my heart and my works. I am excited to see what the next few days bring!

1 comment: