Monday, October 1, 2012

Auction

She has a monkey on her back
Auction's are so exciting! I have been to a few when I was younger but last year was my first time actually participating in one. Our Alma Mater has their annual Athletic Auction every September.  We really didn't want to bring Little miss S with us but she did surprisingly very well. We had to pick up a child restraint backpack which is just a fancy name for a child leash. But she loved it, she was able to still have her freedom and still not get into too much trouble. And then there was the food, the one way to keep her happy and calm is to bribe her with food. This girl loves to eat she gets so darn excited when you mention "bites" that she starts to squeal and dance on her tippy-toes.

There were four silent auctions where the items were supplied a combination of sport teams. It allows for a nice mix of items there are even some pretty nice foreign items. Then there is a  meal that is followed by the live auction. We only won  one item from the silent auction which was a bummer. There were a few items that we really wanted but were outbid on them. We don't participate too much in the live auction but the excitement of it all is still well worth the time. Though there was this one time that I almost bid $500 on a trip that we so did not want all because of those stupid nats that were swarming our table. They would not get out of my face and I was swatting them away when the auctioneer thought I was placing a bid YIKES!! Good thing someone else placed a bid because HIM was about to have a heart attack. Under no uncertain terms was I allowed to swat those nasty nats from my face the rest of the evening.


No comments:

Post a Comment