Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Football game Disaster

Okay so we are still pretty new at this whole parenting thing since we don't have any kids of our own and all. And with Little miss S as our first infant placement. So to say that we make a few mistakes here and there is pretty accurate. But none quite as bad as last night. We were definitely not thinking like people with a baby and the possible disasters that might occurs on our little outing.

 My not so little, sophomore in high school  brother had a football game last night that we went to. It was the only game that we are probably able to make it to, so even though it was cold we went. BIG Mistake!!! I have ordered a coat for Little miss S but it hasn't came in yet so I bundled her up real good in layers and brought with us some blankets to keep her nice and toasty. Well it would have been okay if she would sit still on her own and stay snuggled up but she wouldn't so we had to hold her mistake #2. Then to top it off the game started late and it lasted well past Little miss S's bed time and she so did not want to snuggle mistake #3. Then even though I feed her before we left, when HIM got us food from the concessions she wanted ours and got mad when it was all gone (we both shared ours with her too). I even had snacks for her but they didn't quite cut it for her mistake #4. 

Now if all that wasn't enough her teeth started bothering her. Good thing I had the oragel with me but I did not pack any pain reliever for her BIG mistake #5. The oragel only helped for a little bit and after the third time putting it on she was over it and didn't want any of it. I tried my hardest to tough it out until the game was over but that did not work unfortunately. There was a little over 3 minutes on the board and Little miss S cracked. She started crying, screaming and kicking oh man was she giving it her all. We just got up a left, without even saying hi to my little brother. But at least he knew we were there that was the main thing. This was the first time she has had a melt down like that in public and man was I embarrassed and mad. As soon as we got to the car I changed her diaper and put her in her car seat and low and behold the little stink starts smiling grrr. Well like they say you live and learn and boy did we get a lesson in parenting last night ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment