Friday, November 16, 2012

3 Day (Military) Diet Day 2

So I wasn't thinking when I went shopping for and started this diet. I have had a girls day-night out planned for a while and completely spaced it when preparing to go on this diet so I had to improvise just a bit. I tried to be as true to the diet as I could considering I was in a movie theater for over 12 hours.


Why you ask would I be in a movie theater for more than 12 hours, I must be crazy right. No I am not crazy, I was just in need of some girl time. It just happened to take the form of a twilight marathon ending in a 10 pm premier of Breaking Dawn part 2. Yep I was one of those crazy people along with four other great girls. Not that I am that obsessed with the Twilight saga like many out there are. I just find the whole experience fun. If you have never done a midnight premier or an all day showing then I recommend you do it at least once. The excitement in the place is contagious and so entertaining. I think I enjoyed the audiences reactions just as much as I do the movies themselves. It also helps that I did like the books, they are not the best literary work out there but they were enjoyable. Plus the movies aren't that bad either, but I have to say the final one is by far the best. It differs some from the book, but I think it made the movie that much better.  

Anyways enough on Twilight, here is the break down for day two. And remember I am not sold that I will lose 10 pounds in three days, especially since I only lost 1.5 pounds in one day (which is still good). The outcome is not looking as promising as they suggest, but we shall see.

Day 2: 185.6

Breakfast - 1 egg (fried), 1 slice of toast (35 calorie white bread), 1/2 banana
  • I had coffee with splenda too (no creamer which is KILLING me. I love creamer it takes my coffee to the next level.) 
Lunch - 1 cup cottage cheese (fat free), 1 hard boiled egg, and 5 saltine crackers.
  • I had water and some Diet. Mtn. Dew 
Dinner - 2 hot-dogs no buns (all beef/meat ones no fillers) 1 cup broccoli, 1/2 cup carrots, 1/2 banana, and 1/2 cup Vanilla Ice Cream
  • So here is where I had to deviate from the diet some. I was able to get the two all beef hot-dogs at the movie theater. Then I brought the broccoli (lightly seasoned with salt and pepper) and carrots both raw not steamed. I felt that would be easier to eat and not as smelly or easily spoiled as steamed veggies would have been. I did not have the ice cream, but did eat the whole banana instead of just half. 
  • Also I brought with me some almonds to snack on through out the day. This helped curb those sudden cravings that came with the enticing scents of popcorn, candy and pizza. I had maybe 15 of them.
  • I tried to drink water but lets face it 12 hours of movie watching I needed the caffeine that soda provides. I did stick with Diet Mtn. Dew. I am sure this has to have some effect on the diet, just not sure what. 
  • I also did a short work out in the morning on the elliptical so don't know how that will play into it either. And did not get to bed until after 1 am. 
These are all of the factors that I felt I should let you know of. Sorry no pictures of the other two meals. But go check out the original site for more information on the 3 Day (Military) Diet.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this great article Megan. I also did the 3 Day Military diet and lost 4 pounds; my goal is to lose 10 pounds. I was able to follow the meal plans because they were easy to do and the food choices were inexpensive. The foods can be easily found in our local grocery so that counted a lot. I’m also very busy so I was glad there was no fancy eating or arduous preparation. My sister and I decided to go for another run of the diet after 4 day and we lost another 3 pounds. By this time, my body has gotten used to eating less so the diet just got easier to do. Yes, I was hungry but not that hungry anymore. I also did more exercise this week and drank more water than ever. So, I think cycling the diet is the best thing we can do to reach our goals, don’t you think? I plan to do this again for the next couple of weeks since I love how my stomach shrunk and can’t take in much food, anymore – which is great! Here’s good resource page to see that may help in your reviews http://3daysmilitarydiet.com/diet-plan/military-diet-day-3.html

    ReplyDelete