Saturday, November 17, 2012

3 Day (Military) Diet Day 3

So I have been surprised about how much food you eat each meal and how full you really feel from them. The only thing is I am use to not eating half as much for breakfast and lunch. So I am not sure how that is gonna play out here. I can see how for people who do not diet or watch what they eat can lose up to 10 pounds. I just don't think I will be one of those people. 

For almost two years now HIM and HER have made a major overhaul on our eating habits.  We have gradually taken out a lot of the really bad stuff and gone to more natural and lower calorie products. We try to regularly count our calories and be conscious of what we eat. Though HER is not as good as HER should be. We usually use Stevia in the raw instead of sugar or Splenda but the past few times I have been to the store they have been out of Stevia so we compromise. Some of those little changes have been fresh or frozen veggies rarely if ever do I get canned veggies anymore. We also do a lot of turkey like turkey bacon, turkey burgers,  turkey pepperonis etc.  And bread we do not eat much bread. :(  When we do it is the 35 calorie white bread. Sometimes I might splurge and buy a fresh loaf of bread from the store or at subway get the Italian herb and cheese but that is rare. There are other changes, but those are the big ones. 

Anyways here is the break down for day three.

Day 3: 185.1

Breakfast - 5 saltine crackers, 1 small apple (the hubby and I halved a large apple), and 2 ounces of ham (about 4 slices of thinly sliced lunch meat) 
  • After yesterday I just had to have some coffee with Splenda (still no creamer, I can not wait until tomorrow to have some yummy french vanilla creamer in my coffee!) 
Lunch - 1 hard boiled egg and 1 slice of toast (35 calorie white bread)

Dinner - 1 cup tuna, 1/2 banana, 1 cup Vanilla Ice Cream
  • I had to have a Diet Mtn. Dew again today. I just can not seem to go with out at least one soda a day, but especially after yesterday I need all the pick me up I can get.
  • Now I almost couldn't get all the tuna down. I did not add anything to it this time but really wished I would have. 
Day 4: 

Saturday morning I woke up a weighed myself and.......I came in at 183.8!  So like I thought, I did not lose 10 pounds. But 2.8 pounds in three days is still pretty good. Not to mention a healthier weight to lose in three days. But as I mentioned above I can see how someone who is not currently counting calories, dieting, or being food conscious could be able to lose 10 pounds in these three days. So by all means please try this diet and share your results with me. I would love to hear about your experiences. I may also try to do this diet again here in a week or two, to see if I have different results the second time around. Also I will make sure that I do not have plans for these three days so I will not have to deviate from the plan. 

Also here again is the link to the full 3 Day (Military) Diet breakdown. Please go there and read all about it. There are substitutions to most of the foods and helpful hints as well. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi there! My sister tried the 3 Day Military diet and she lost a total of ten pounds, which isn't bad at all. The trick is to cycle the diet - 3 days on the diet, 4 days off. However, don't cheat on the 4 days off, do what my sister did: she exercised on those 4 days (light exercise will do) and stayed within her set calories so she won't overeat. She also did not take in any sugar and continued drinking more water and some tea and black coffee. I'm also starting on the diet next week, so wish me luck! Here's a great resource page that I found awesome: http://3daysmilitarydiet.com/diet-plan/military-diet-day-3.html

    ReplyDelete